This project is read-only.

Error message no matching element

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Hi

I installed the MediaGarden because I wanted to play MP3 music on my website. But when installing the MediaGarden

+

I receive error: Post installation steps failed with error: Sequence contains no matching element

What does it mean and how to fix?

Regards

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Hi,

You need to install the Origami module first as well; it does some of the UI building on the Media Garden dashboard.

You should probably get the FlowPlayer module too (unless you want to implement your own) since the default HTML5 audio doesn't work on a lot of browsers.

Unfortunately there isn't currently a way in Orchard to force dependent modules to get installed! I've been experimenting with Recipes but it doesn't seem to work from the gallery, although I still have some more things to try.

There's a workitem about this here:

http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17976

Jul 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Hi, I am probably jumping too quickly here but:

Installed MediaGarden 0.8.9, failed so used orchard cmd to remove

Found this post: installed Origami

installed flowplayer: failed so used orchard cmd to remove

Installed MediaGarden 0.8.9, failed, couldn't uninstall as above - orchard cmd not working

Yes I know its v0.8.9 so its early days, hope this helps 

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Correct order is:

Origami -> Mechanics -> Media Garden -> Flow Player. You'll also need any or all of Audio/Video/Image modules, depending on what you need.

Mechanics isn't absolutely needed, but certain of the modules require it, and at some point it will probably be a base dependency anyway.

Unfortunately it's a very difficult situation for me to deal with until Orchard gets better support for module dependencies. I'm not really a fan of stuffing absolutely everything into one module, but that would be the only way right now to prevent any possible problems.