Attempting to install Media Garden Images - 0.8.9

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Hi Pete,

I am attempting to install this module, what dependencies do I need to install before hand as the install keeps blowing up based on dependencies :( - I did check the checkbox to install them, but that doesnt seem to work?

Also, I need to have a Image and a Thumbnail attached to certain pieces of content, will this module allow me to do this? - I also want to keep the images on the file system, is there any additional setup for this?

Cheers, Nick

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM

So far I have

Origami -> Go to install media garden and it says it cant load Origami :S

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Got it

Origami -> mechanics - > media Garden -> Images

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Hi Jetski,

You need to install the "Thumbnails" module which will enable thumbnail connectors.

You might be interested to know that the latest version of the source on Codeplex has the ImageResizing library integrated (http://imageresizing.net/) - which will perform proper scaling of the thumbnails (and anywhere else that images are displayed). Currently you'll need to manually copy the dlls from Dependencies into your Orchard.Web/bin directory. Hopefully packaging will take care of that but I have yet to test it, however a new release should be coming up on Orchard Gallery in the near future!

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Regarding your other comments:

- Images are still stored on the filesystem, in the usual Media folder (so they will also be accessible as normal through the media picker)

- You can create a new connection type based on the "Thumbnail" connector, allowing you to attach additional images. You can configure the connector to be many-to-many so you attach multiple images (e.g. for product thumbnails). You'll probably want to customise the templates on a per-connector basis, the Thumbnails module demonstrates how to do this but I can help further if needed.