This project is read-only.

display list of video content

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Hi pete - was wondering how I'd go about displaying a list of the videos I've imported via media garden video.

At present I've attempted to do this:

Attach containable type to video content type

create a list of video as a new page

no joy, presents an empty page.

I can always create a manual html widget and add them in that way, but though this might be easier for the client to load in video content.

Also - does the media folder store thumbnails of the video at all??

I tried uploading a wmv file but it presents no image in the media library - which may be why no image is appearing in the list?

hoping you can help!

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Okay - I've managed to get them into the list on the page by going to the content editor and manually adding the videos to the list I created.

However, I noticed the list presents a miniaturised version of the video, wrapped in the windows media player, is it possible to swap this out simply for an icon?

I'm concerned some users will hit the play button thinking that's it without using the hyperlink.

cheers.  Morgan.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM

By default there's a "Summary" view that displays the smaller version of the player.

You can either;

a) Override the summary view with your own HTML by copying Parts.Media.Summary.cshtml to your theme or module and changing it. You can name it Parts.Media.Summary-Video.cshtml to override it just for Video content.

b) Hide the media shape in Placement with <Match ContentType="Video" DisplayType="Summary"><Place Parts_Media_Summary="-"/></Match> and then generate your own shape with a handler or driver, or even display an image thumbnail by using ImageField or the Mechanics module.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Thanks pete - got it sorted.