State of 1.4 compatible branch

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Pete,

I've compiled Orchard 1.x and Science alchemy and MediaGarden 1.4 compatible branches. 

I've installed:

• Formula - Version: 0.1
  • Mechanical Playlists for Media Garden - Version: 0.8.7
  • Mechanics - Version: 0.9.9993
  • Media Garden - Version: 0.9.0
  • Media Garden Audio - Version: 0.8.9
  • Media Garden Documents - Version: 0.6
  • Media Garden FlowPlayer - Version: 0.8.9
  • Media Garden Image Resizer - Version: 0.3
  • Media Garden Images - Version: 0.9.0
  • Media Garden Playlists - Version: 0.8.7
  • Media Garden Videos - Version: 0.8.9
  • Origami - Version: 0.9.6
  • Plumbing - Version: 0.5
  • Quanta - Version: 0.8.0
  • Science Project Prototypes: Lens - Version: 0.4
  • Theory: Cartography - Version: 0.9.9.1
  • Theory: Identity - Version: 0.9.5

My aim is to create an image gallery. Is this a 'viable' place to start?

Anyway, I can upload media using Media Garden.

I can also create a new Gallery. The Gallery displays a set of checkboxes, one for each media. I can check the boxes and save, but:

• the result doesn't persist, or rather it persists sometimes and not others (!)
  • Viewing the Gallery displays 'Gallery to Medias' but contains no images.

Am I going about this the right way?

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot to enable Media Garden Attachments. Now I can see images! However, persistence is still not working properly. It is really weird: I enable several checks, click save, and SOME of them are persisted.

Also, when I click View in the list of content the Gallery is displayed but each image appears three times . See attached. Seems like a strange layout. What is the intent? How do I customize this?

How do I incorporate a Gallery into a page? Do I need to create a Widget? If so how?

Woops! No attachments. If you want to see the strange gallery layout I will have to open an issue. Let me know.

Dave.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hi,

The modules have been going through some massive changes so there are definitely some issues. You're doing things correctly. The main issue which I think you're seeing is that connected content gets "doubled up" each time you save/publish an item. This issue will be resolved today. The problem with things failing to persist I'm not so sure about, but I'll run some tests. I specifically need to test the Gallery module because I haven't been using it - actually you don't really need it to create a gallery, you can do this manually by creating Mechanics relationships, but the idea is the gallery module will offer e.g. Javascript / Flash slideshows, sliders, that kind of thing.

You don't need the "Attachments" module - that's for attaching download links to content.

Will update when I've made some fixes.

Pete